I remember the first time I heard Anberlin’s Cities.
My heartbeat faster than it had any other time. I went to the closest music store and bought it.
Once I got home I took refuge on my living room floor and for hours replayed the entire album. I was captured by the honest and relateable lyrics. The overall sound was bigger than I could have ever expected.
There was something about this album that spoke to me. When I discovered this album I was in the middle of one of the darkest times of my life.
I had known about Anberlin for a while but never took the time to explore their music. Once I did I spent seven years devoting myself to this band; allowing them to become a huge part of my life. They have never let me down and were always there when I needed them.
I still listen and watch them with amazement. From the first time I saw them at Bamboozle in 2007 up to this past October at Webster Hall. I still get chills and my heart still glows.
When I found out that they decided to breakup a piece of me broke. Something inside of me died and I felt so hopeless. Knowing that a big part of my life has come to an end so sudden and unexpected put me in a state of shock.
I wanted to get a tattoo to honor them for the longest time so when I saw the ‘Crossed Fingers’ image I knew that was it! Not only do I feel connected to them through it but also the actual meaning behind the symbol.
The symbol meant to be protected by God and was a way for followers to identify each other secretly during a time of religious persecution. It was a sign to let others know they were ‘with God’.
- theytalkofglasshouses likes this
- dwight--you-ignorant-slut likes this
- thetenniskid13 likes this
- iam-jacks-completelackofsurprise likes this
- brokenpiecesofmyself reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- brokenpiecesofmyself likes this
- luzlovesyou likes this
- briannahuber likes this
- genthehuman likes this
- wind-upbirdontheshore likes this
- arcadehaileysonfire likes this
- misadventuresofmaria reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- mountain-cat likes this
- thefallthatfollows likes this
- matthewverran reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- jontronsbird likes this
- maryshellley reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- mattplayscheap reblogged this from mattplayscheap and added:
- lilbitofheavenwithawildside likes this
- theorphanedanything likes this
- run2live2run reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- toxxiccandy likes this
- trumpetize likes this
- harb1nger likes this
- whispers-and-memories reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- mistro777 reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- esmereldasbeneaththewater likes this
- anberlingirl likes this
- lines-and-phrases-like-knives reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- nopoint90 likes this
- franywisp likes this
- cheyannnne reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- forever-with-team-b likes this
- wind-upbirdontheshore reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- tyturner likes this
- livelikecoldhardwant likes this
- daylate12 likes this
- whispers-and-memories likes this
- w3-willsurvive reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- w3-willsurvive likes this
- speakwithruinedtongues reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- franywisp reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- disappearedinablow reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- f-oreasonsunknown likes this
- 2pyschedelic likes this
- lifetojnk reblogged this from anberlinnn
- coonskiin likes this
- m--i--l--i--c--a likes this
- sweetsacrosstheuniverse reblogged this from mattplayscheap
- carterandthecrew likes this